The Associated Press is joining digital journalists from around the country at the 2013 Online News Association conference in Atlanta, which runs today through Oct. 19. Here’s a rundown of where you’ll find AP:
- Standards Editor Tom Kent (@tjrkent) and International Social Media Editor Fergus Bell (@fergb) will participate in a discussion about an online code of ethics from 2:45 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. ET.
- Interactive producer Michelle Minkoff (@michelleminkoff) is leading a session on storytelling with data from 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. ET.
- And Social Media Editor Eric Carvin (@EricCarvin) is part of a panel starting at 4:15 p.m. ET entitled “Crowdsourcing the Experts for UGC gold.”
- Minkoff teams up with ProPublica to give a workshop from 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. ET on how reporters can find hidden structured data online to both drive and supplement stories, using non-programmatic tools.
- Stop by the AP table from 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. ET for a sneak peak at new AP Stylebook (@APStylebook) products that are coming soon.
And looking ahead to 2014, you can also stop by the AP table to learn more AP’s Election services.